Staff and students from educational organisations from Australia and New Zealand are invited to submit a photographic entry on the theme “People & Planet”
All entries will be exhibited at the ACTS Conference this November and a kiosk will be set up for voting. The competition winner will be selected by sustainability educators and professionals attending the conference!
How does it work?
- Photo entries capturing “People & Planet” can be submitted [here] until Tuesday, 30 October 2018.
- Finalist photos will be exhibited at the Adelaide Health & Medical Sciences Building (AHMS) during the 18th International ACTS Conference. Sustainability educators and professionals attending the conference will be able to cast votes to select a photo that best represents the competition theme.
- The photo that receives the highest number of delegate votes will be announced as the competition winner at the Green Gown Awards Australasia gala dinner on Thursday, 1 November 2018, at the National Wine Centre. The winner will receive a prize and be featured throughout the ACTS network!
- All photo entries will be featured on ACTS Instagram and Facebook pages following the ACTS Conference.
Theme “People & Planet”
Our planet is an incredible place. Beautiful, life giving, fierce and often unforgiving. The ACTS photo competition this year is searching for images that tell stories about sustainability issues through the lens of our unique relationship with our planet. Drawing from the conference theme the power of partnerships, we are particularly interested in photos that can tell inspiring stories of people and planet working in harmony towards to a sustainable future.
All submitted photos must be accompanied by a brief description of the image and the sustainability issue raised by the photo.
Our competition theme “People & Planet” challenges you to photographically capture sustainability issues through the lens of humanity’s unique relationship with our planet.
The competition winner will receive:
- $150 cash card
- The ability to select two recipients of a Kiva loan. Kiva is a non-profit organisation that allows people to provide loans to low-income entrepreneurs and students in over 80 countries. Kiva’s mission is “to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty”.
Entries for the 2018 Photography Competition are now closed.
Entry terms and conditions
In order to be eligible to submit an entry to the competition, an individual must currently be studying and/or employed by an educational organisation in Australia or New Zealand. For the purpose of this competition, an educational organisation refers to a registered school, university, college and/or technical institution. ACTS reserve the right to validate all entrants’ affiliation with an educational organisation.
- An eligible individual (entrant) can submit one (1) original photograph (an entry) addressing the competition theme “People & Planet”.
- An entry must be uploaded [here] by midnight AEST Tuesday, 30 October 2018.
- Within the entry’s submission, the entrant must state the education organisation they study and/or work for and their country of residence. A brief description of the photograph and its relation to the competition theme may also be included.
- The entry, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the entrant. By entering the competition the entrant acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- Photographs must have been taken by the student or staff member within 1 year of the date of entry and may not have previously won an award.
- ACTS reserves the right to use finalist photo entries for marketing purposes.